In a world where perfection seems to have become the ultimate goal, blemishes can be a confidence crusher. Whether it is a pimple, redness, or even a scar, we have all had moments when we wished we could magically make them disappear.
The good news is, you don’t need magic! There are some tried-and-true makeup techniques that you can use to help. At Aubrie’s Beauty Workshop, we are passionate about helping you feel your best, and that includes providing you with the tools, knowledge, and the products to help conceal blemishes like a pro.
Let’s take a look at some great ways you can start to conceal blemishes.
Concealing Blemishes is an Art
Concealing blemishes is an artistic skill that can make a world of a difference in your overall appearance. This is not implying that you hide who you are, or that you have to be a world renowned makeup artist, but rather it is a way to enhance your natural beauty. Here are some of the best techniques to achieve that flawless finish:
- Prep Your Canvas: Before you start concealing, wash your face because you want to start with a clean, moisturized face. Hydrating your skin creates a smoother surface for makeup application. This helps to ensure that your concealer blends seamlessly.
- Choose the Right Concealer: Selecting the right concealer is crucial, so you will want to choose a shade that matches your skin tone. This will provide you with a more natural look. At Aubrie’s Beauty Workshop, we offer a wide range of shades (Lilac, Amber, Mocha, and more!) to help you find the perfect match.
- Color Correction: Blemishes could have undertones that need correction. Using a color-correcting concealer in shades like green, which helps to neutralize redness, or peach, which helps to hide dark circles, before you apply your regular concealer.
- Blending is an Art: Blend the concealer into your skin by using a makeup sponge, brush or your fingertip. When doing this, be patient and build up coverage as needed.
- Set It Right: If you have an oily skin type, set your concealer with a light dusting of translucent powder to prevent creasing and ensure it stays put all day.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Concealing takes practice, so don’t worry if your first few attempts are not flawless. Take time to experiment with different techniques and products to find what works best for you.
Following these 6 steps are a great start to learning how to begin concealing blemishes.
Natural Beauty at Aubrie’s Beauty Workshop
In a world inundated with airbrushed images and unrealistic beauty standards, it’s important to remember that natural truly is beautiful! At Aubrie’s Beauty Workshop we are committed to celebrating each and every person’s unique beauty. That is exactly why our products are cruelty-free and vegan, because we believe in respecting all creatures and the planet we share. Our mission is to empower you with the knowledge and tools to enhance your natural beauty!
So the next time you reach for a concealer, remember that it’s not about changing who you are; it’s about feeling confident and comfortable in your own skin. Aubrie’s Beauty Workshop is here to support you on your journey, and our team looks forward to being a part of making you feel truly radiant!