Are you looking to create a flawless look with your makeup? A crucial part of creating this look is foundation, but there are so many options on the market that it can be overwhelming to find the best one.
Choosing the right foundation for your skin can be the difference in showcasing your natural beauty.
Here are our top five tips on how to pick the perfect foundation for your skin.
Tip 1: Know Your Skin
Knowing your skin type is the first step in being able to select the perfect foundation. There are four main skin types:
- Oily: Larger pores and greasy appearance. The solution: A foundation that is oil-free and matte.
- Dry: Tight and flaky. The solution: Hydrating, creamy foundation.
- Combination: Mix of oily and/or dry skin. The solution: A light-weight, sheer foundation that can address both types of skin.
- Sensitive: Prone to redness, irritation, and breakouts. The solution: Foundation that does not contain ingredients that can cause irritation and is formulated specifically to sensitive skin.
Identifying your skin type is the most important step when picking a foundation perfect for you.
Tip 2: The Right Shade
After determining your skin type, it is also important to know what your skin tone is so that you can find the right shade of foundation to compliment your skin. By choosing a foundation that blends with your skin tone you will achieve a more natural look.
Did you know that there is a way to determine your skin tone? To do this, test the foundation on your jawline because this area is most likely to match your neck and chest. After testing the foundation and comparing, you will be able to determine what the right shade is for your skin tone.
Tip 3: Coverage
In addition to determining the right shade for your skin, another consideration is the coverage you want. When it comes to foundation, this can range from sheer to full and it all depends on what you are specifically looking for. Full coverage tends to be for uneven skin tones or blemishes because it can provide maximum coverage. If you are looking for a more natural look instead, then the sheer coverage may be a better option for you.
Tip 4: Formula
Did you know that foundations are available in different formulas? Here are four formula options you may find when choosing a foundation:
- Liquid: This is the most popular foundation selection. It provides the most natural finish. Liquid foundation can vary in its consistency too from lightweight to thicker, depending on what you are looking for.
- Cream: This is a great option for dry skin because cream foundation will help to hydrate the skin.
- Powder: If you have oily skin, powder foundation would be the best choice because it helps control the shine and provides a matte finish.
- Stick: Stick foundation is the most versatile selection. It is easy to apply, is great for touch-ups, and provides both coverage and a creamy texture.
Selecting the formula that works best for your skin is essential in picking the right foundation.
Tip 5: Your Finish
Determining the finish your foundation has is another piece of picking the best foundation. Are you looking for a natural finish or maybe a matte finish instead? This is something to consider because the type of finish you choose will determine the look you get.
A natural finish will provide a more natural, sheer look to the skin, whereas a dewy finish will provide a healthy, hydrated look. If you choose a matte finish, you will control your shine and have a matte finish to your skin.
Consider what type of finish you want to help you in selecting the best foundation for your skin.
Natural is Beautiful
At Aubrie’s Beauty Workshop we are always looking to provide our clients with the best and safest products on the market! Our one-year anniversary is approaching fast (April 2), and we are excited to share our newest product, our Foundation, which will be live for purchase to celebrate!
We specialize in products that are eco-friendly and safe for kids, teens, and all ages. With our plant-based formulas for skin care and cosmetics, we assure you that there are no synthetic hormones or carcinogens in any of our products.
If you are looking for natural and organic products, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you make healthier and safer cosmetic choices for you and your family!